CLINICIAN – Bilingual – Temporary
Temporary Full-Time - Contract ending August 30, 2019 - 5 positions · $31.996 – $40.049/hour · Posted 06.13.2018 · Closing date 06.22.2018
The Child and Family Centre is a non-profit agency. Our mission is to provide for a continuum of mental health services for children, youth, and their families with a focus on treatment, and to advocate for mental health, prevention and promotion.
- Provide clinical mental health services to children, adolescents and their families in community, home and/or school settings.
- Provide services that cross all of CFC core services which include Family Care Giving Skills, Brief Services, Crisis Services, Counselling/Therapy and Intensive Services.
- Complete client assessments and assess risks of harm to self and/or others.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Honours Bachelor Degree in social work or psychology or Bachelor of Arts Child and Youth Care or other related human services honours degrees is required.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who in addition to acquiring the minimum academic qualifications possess a Master’s degree in social work or in psychology.
- Must be registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, or the College of Psychotherapists of Ontario or be eligible to register with either College.
- Experience in providing individual, family and group therapy in addition to behaviour management.
- Experience in working in schools, homes and community settings.
- Experience in the implementation of Evidence Based Treatment practices.
- Two (2) years or more of work experience providing children’s mental health services is preferred.
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is required.
- Candidates must have a valid Ontario Class G driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Candidates must provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefit and pension packages. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1577 no later than June 22, 2018, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to
How to Apply
Child and Family Centre
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
Fax: (705) 222-6082
Child and Family Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Dis abilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.